New students 1st week
PRINTING ROSTER ON TUESDAY MORNINGS
After the Director/ Assistant Director finished the roster on Mondays, Student Services will print for the students to see and to help with book distribution.
- Go to Classes -> Class Scheduling -> Tailor Made Overview
- Filter for "New Student List"
- Display more options
- Filter the Status (booking) to be "Arriving Students"
- Filter the Status (course) to be "Arriving Students"
- Export To PDF and print
- Display one copy of the New Student Class Roster on the white board next to the class change sign.
PRINTING CLASS CHANGE SIGN ON TUESDAY MORNINGS
This document shows all level up students or lateral movements from the prior week Google Drive > SD Student Services > Current > Class Change Sign > Check for the current date
DISTRIBUTING BOOKS & LEVEL GUIDES/SLO's
- Using the New Student Class Roster and the Class Change Sign, count how many books for each class/level. Please note that the class change sign includes lateral movements at the bottom. These students do not receive new books.
- Print one Level Guide/SLo's from the copiers document server for each book you are distributing OR print from Google Drive (CEL-Teachers > Forms and Important Documents > Level Guides and Policies
- Bring the books and Level Guide/SLO's to each class and leave for the teacher.
- Be sure to count the books and update quantities to the Trello Card
DIRECTING STUDENTS TO THEIR CLASSES
We encourage the student to view the app for their schedules as soon as Monday afternoon. If they do not have the app, the Roster will also be posted.
ONE WEEK FEEDBACK
Student Services will send the one week evaluation to new students on Friday to confirm everything is going smoothly in their first week of classes.
Sending the Online Feedback:
- From the arriving students list, select all students
- Deselect students who are here for 1 or 2 weeks (we will only send them the final feedback)
- Select the One Week Evaluation from the Communication section.
- Note that the One-Week Feedback is NOT required.
Reviewing the Online Feedback:
- Student Services Supervisor will review the online feedback weekly and mark the feedback as "read."
- A task will be assigned for follow-up from the following criteria.
- If there are 2 or more questions in one section answered with 3 stars
- If there are any questions answered with two stars
- If there are any questions answered with one star
- A task will be assigned on the CEL Team Checklist for the appropriate department:
- Arrival/ Accommodations = Admissions and Housing
- Administration = Student Services
- Agency = Patrick
- Education/ Teacher = Director
- FASD = TBD
- Create A CARD on Trello with the information for the corresponding team
- Team Supervisors will go in and review the feedback and identify the problem areas.
- Team Supervisors will track trends in the feedback and assign follow-up for any student's individual cases if necessary.