Add Immigration Advising
- It is possible for students on the B1B2 visa to change to the F1 without leaving the USA.
- CEL does not offer assistance at this time to potential students on the B1B2 visa who want to change to F1.
- We reccommend that they contact another school for help with this change in visa ststus.
- It is not possible for ESTA tourists to change from ESTA to F1 visa without leaving the USA.
- The only option for those in the USA with ESTA to change to F1 visa is to depart the USA and apply for the F1 visa in their home country.
F-1 Visa Holders
- All F-1 visa holders must abide by the governmental and CEL rules to maintain their status as students. Failure to maintain status will result in their I-20 termination.
- Reasons for termination:
Greencard Holders/US citizens
- Greencard holders and US citizens are free to take any class at CEL for any length of time
- The students must present proof of their greencard or citizenship prior to the start of their course
- All other visas can be found on the document below. Please speak to PDSO about the possiblity to accept students with other visa types
- Link to visa document
- Occasionally CEL DSOs will be notified via email that a student has been issued a form I-515A, This form means a student entered the US with a valid visa but without their I-20
- Collect the I-515A form from the student along with the I-94
- Check the box marked on the form and follow instructions
- Generally it includes collecting the form I-515A, I-94 and newly printed I-20
- Mail to address on second page
- When returned via mail, give documents to student